healthy hacks to beat the holiday bloat

With holiday parties, Christmas candies, grandma’s homemade cookies, bar hops, and busy, busy, busy schedules JUST around the corner, waiting to attack your waistline… it’s time to chat.

Now. I am NOT advocating that you don’t participate in the holiday cheer. You better BELIEVE I will probably stuff every reindeer shaped cookie I see into my face. It’s called balance people.

And as important as it is to feel your best, it’s important to live your freaking life.

So, this post is not to tell you that enjoying holiday treats is bad. I’m here to show you how to not get sucked into the vortex of sugar and carbs and alcohol and come to January 1st feeling like a mushy sack of potatoes. We’ve all been there, huh?

So here are some healthy hacks that mean you can have your cake and eat it too, or whatever the hell that saying is.

the 80/20 rule.

AKA- be a freaking badass queen 80% of the time and the other 20%, be a freaking badass queen who gives zero fucks. Mkay?

The holidays can be your 20%, every Tuesday can be your 20%, YOU CHOOSE.

hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

Mmmmm, hiiiiii, you didn’t think we’d get through a whole post without me talking about water didddddd youuuuuu!? I’ll say it again, you’re welcome. WATER is going to be your saving grace. You can eat the most healthiest foods, take nutrient-dense supplements, and have a bulletproof workout routine… but if you’re dehydrated, none of that effing matters. 

I fill this Brita bottle 4x a day which easily gives me a gallon.

don’t neglect your fitness/sleep.

Snow is falling Routines are changing all around us. You’re going to more social events, being surrounded by more sweets than normal, wearing heavier clothes than a few months ago, up late at night Amazon shopping. But neglecting your quick 30 minutes a day or 10 hours a night is going to be the first downfall to a downwards spiral.

 

 

#GUTHEALH, always.

Keep up those vitamins and probiotics! If you don’t have a probiotic routine, this is my favorite vegan, non-GMO, soy-free probiotic.

Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for your health, especially your digestive system. We usually think of bacteria as something that causes diseases. But your body is full of bacteria, both good and bad. Probiotics are often called “good” or “helpful” bacteria because they help keep your gut healthy.

I also LOVE kombucha for regulating digestion. It’s so easy to sip throughout the morning.

allow yourself to indulge.

Hi, you’re human, one meal is NOT gonna kill you. Unless I’m speaking to that weird man on Food Network who eats scorpions and shit. Then, dude, can’t speak for yah. BUT, baby girl, you work so damn hard every day. In two weeks time, you’re not going to be laying in bed like “Oh my gosh, Madison, I CAN’T believe you ate that damn piece of cake on December 23rd, how dare you!?!??!”

stop when you’re full.

Here’s a mindset-changing, eye-opening, habit-breaking piece of geniusness video (I like nonsense adjectives) by Samantha Skelly that I came across last week. If you suffer from constantly over-stuffing yourself when your put in front of a plate of food, this is for you.

Continuing to eat after you’re full not only confuses your stomach, but your brain as well. Trick your brain, heal your gut.

Leave a Reply